Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 11, 2011

Carlton Gardens

Ok I know the title is Carlton Gardens, but in actual fact, I did go to uni first, THEN to Carlton Gardens. And before even setting off to uni, I went to the kitchen garden in college. So yeah it should be called College-University of Melbourne-Carlton or something along that line. But nah, won't change it. :P

Anyway I did "meet up" with Aggie in the kitchen garden! She was still the same as ever - rubbing all over me, following me around, giving smoochies...and being talkative of course! She was a little cold when I first visited, but now she's friendlier than usual.

Here she is! Today she was all over me as usual.



It was quite warm on the day I went to Carlton Gardens, and I think she just had her lunch (we frequently fill up her food bowl with fish and other goodies), so she was really sleepy. And here she is - sleeping in the shade! She's just so adorable!




Anyway by the time Aggie fell asleep, it was about 1-ish and I was going to watch a movie at 4, so I had to leave. And along the way...some of these flowers were blooming. I hardly see them in Singapore - somehow I only see them in Australia.



And after that I'm at uni, taking more wild flower pictures. All these flowers are actually outside the Botany Building in uni. Whoever looks at the Botany Building will know it straightaway - it's very very self-explanatory (ie. because of all the ferns, herbs, creepers, climbers, flowers etc growing all over it).



Then the butterflies came in. I took pictures of 4 different butterflies that day.

At first it was the smaller ones...



Then this large beauty flew by and landed on one of the flowers. It stayed long enough for me to take lots of shots. And every now and then, other butterflies would land and wow! It was so amazing!



Ah and there's one of the smaller butterflies on the flower behind the large beauty!



Walked through the Old Quadrangle and towards Carlton Gardens...

Oh, and in case you were wondering, the building below is the end of the Old Quad.



Did some pictures on the design of the Old Quad itself.

Carvings on the walls of the Old Quad.



And the row of pillars supporting the Old Quad.



And here's the Old Quad! I reckon I walk through it almost everyday! During the week it's full of students, but look at it during the weekends!




"Stalked" a family as well - they seemed really fascinated with the Old Quad too.




Massive flower outside the Old Quad.



And these pictures were taken in Carlton Gardens!

At the entrance of Carlton Gardens, there were some broccoli-shaped flowers - with heaps and heaps of bees buzzing around it! Was pretty lucky to be able to capture these...




There were lots of people around the area - just chilling out, lying on the grass etc.



And of course, this is the Royal Exhibition Building, fondly known as REB, where there're lots of beautiful murals inside. But this building is also where we take our dreaded exams. Well - the reward is - we get to go to Melbourne Museum after our exams end! Because Melbourne Museum is just next to REB! :)




More stuff around REB. In autumn it's drop-dead gorgeous because of the trees.



And here's the famous fountain up close!





Fountain with the REB building behind it.



And last but not least, before I left for my movie (Black Swan by the way - this was my 2nd time watching it), I spotted a rainbow in the fountain! It isn't very obvious though...but it was clearly there.




And I guess that's all for now! Wonder where I'll be going to next? Hmmmmm...